emdy
Newly Registered

Rear tine tiller help please

I bought a craftsman rear tine tiller last spring and I apparently didn't do my homework before my purchase. I Need a hiller/furrower for it and was wondering if anyone knew if there were any other brands that were compatible with it. The troybilt attachments don't look like they would fit but the ones for Honda and snapper might. Does anyone know? I originally posted this in another part of the forum with. 33 views and no replies so I'm moving it around now. Maybe someone might be able to help.

Dillbert
Greener Thumb

Sears doesn't make their own stuff - it's all made by typically established companies and branded with the Sears name.

but, they change suppliers regularly - so even if you gave a model number or posted a picture, except for someone who by chance in "in the business" - unlikely just everybody is going to recognize your tiller.

go to the stores and see which other brand looks like yours.

with China now so deep in the game, it is possible that no other tiller sold in the USA is the same.

does Sears not offer the attachment?

gumbo2176
Super Green Thumb

I did look on-line when I saw your original post and couldn't find any attachments to fit it. I'd find links that touted attachments, but I could not find any like you are looking for.

If finding something to make rows is a priority, I'm pretty sure you could possibly weld something onto the framework of the tiller to put another brands attachment on it. Where there's a will, there's a way.

I have an older front tine tiller by Sears and have to pull my rows with a hoe and shovel. I sure miss my TroyBilt Horse 8hp tiller and attachments.

emdy
Newly Registered

Sears makes no attachments for this tiller. They sell one 10 in furrower for last years model that I modified my depth stake and bolted it permanently to that, but I was just looking for one with the wings. So I guess there will be more modifications in my future. Thanks to everyone for there responses.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”