RuHappy69

Need a good Ghost pepper sauce recipe

I ground up the peppers from last year but want to make a good hot sauce so if anyone has a good recipe let me know, thanks!

sweeps5063

I know this is off topic but did you dry your peppers out? If so how? I have alot of peppers this year and am trying to learn different ways to preserve them.

Jessye

RuHappy69

I cut them in halves and dried them for like 20 hours.. I tried to hang dry the first two I got but they rotted..

btrowe1

Smoked them, then placed in my dehydrator (in the shed) then ground up for flakes, very very hot red pepper type flakes.. I then add them to my premade favorite hot sauce for an extra added kick.. WOW BABY..

GardenGnome
Greener Thumb

You might have better luck in this part of the forum
https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=45

TaoistImmortal
Newly Registered

My favorite method with other hot peppers (haven't ventured into ghost territory yet) is to do it fresh. I roast the freshly picked peppers until they are soft and almost starting to blister. Then I put them in a food processor and make devil liquid. I mix three parts devil liquid to one part white vinegar. Add salt to taste.

2cents
Green Thumb

We has a terrific dish in a Peruvian restaurant. I was looking for the recipe, and LORAX sent this one. see below

"Sounds like the basic hot encebollado or ceviche sauce. In any case, it's simply called Ají or Salsa de Ají. It's also screamingly easy to make.
2-3 Habaneros, seeds removed
3-5 Jalapeños (although I have a hard time believing they were Jalapeños, most likely they were actually an Ecuadorian/Peruvian pepper called Ají Verde)
The juice of 5-6 limes
1/4 of a red onion
1 tomato or (more authentically) 1 tamarillo, peeled and seeded
Start with 1 Habanero and 1 Jalapeño, and the rest of the ingredients, in the food processor or the blender, and pulse until smooth. Taste and then start adjusting the peppers until it's as hot as you want it to be.
Serve with lime wedges."
I'm going to try this in the end of summer.
The Red Onion in the dish we ate was finely minced. in fact all of it was fine minced. the lime really cuts the heat.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”