Ruffsta
Green Thumb

anyone in my area? (Rhode Island)

is there anyone in my area? if so, have you started your seeds indoors yet? if yes what have you started?

debating when I should start mine this year... was going to start on monday, just wondering who's doing what with their vegetable seeds at the moment.

RuHappy69

and I plan to start my veggies (some at least) inside the 1st week of Feb under my grow lights. Flowers maybe 1st week of March

Ruffsta
Green Thumb

which ones if I may ask?

nedwina

I'll be starting onions, shallots & leek late next month. Patterson, Cortland & Red Wing onions, and two kinds of cippolinis. I grew a red skinned shallot (Prisma) from Fedco last year that was really good and kept well, so I'm going to grow those again, and will add a pink skinned one from High Mowing called Ambition. I have saved leek seed, that is maybe Mussleburg? Can't recall!

I'm not sure when I'll start a few cabbages & cool weather whatnots. Probably around the same time. But warm weather stuff like peppers & tomatoes will wait until April or so.

Ruffsta
Green Thumb

nice!

Father's Daughter
Cool Member

I'm sticking with the same basic schedule I used last year which worked well for me. I'll be starting thyme, parsley, and onion seeds the first week of February. Pretty much everything else will be started in March--broccoli, sage and oregano at the beginning of the month, then eggplant, peppers and tomatoes in the middle of the month. Lettuce, cukes and zucchini will be started in early April. Spinach, carrots and beets will be direct seeded in earl-to-mid April, and pole beans will be direct seeded at the end of April.

My indoor winter garden is making the wait a bit more bearable this year!

Ruffsta
Green Thumb

cool! I haven't decided as to what I want to start with as of yet... just trying to get some ideas as to what others are starting off with.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”