Avonnow
Green Thumb

Can anyone help me identify this on my mustard greens!

I just planted a few new batches of mustard greens about 2-3 weeks ago, they are in long containers on my patio - they were coming in fine and now I have this white stuff on them. I tried to look as close as possible but can't figure out what it is. It will smear if I rub it hard enough, but I am not sure if it is mold, or a fungus or a bug stuff. I appreciate your imput, I may have rip it up, :cry: they are only about 5-6 inches tall and it seems to be on every other leave.

[img]https://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc119/Avonnow/DSCF2688.jpg[/img]
[img]https://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc119/Avonnow/DSCF2687.jpg[/img]

Hope pictures are close enough! :D
I love this! - There can be no other occupation like gardening in which, if you were to creep up behind someone at their work, you would find them smiling.

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

Look up White spot (Pseudocercosporella capsellae)

Eric

Avonnow
Green Thumb

White Spot

Well it seems by description to be white spot, but the soil is NEW from a bag not re-used, and the seeds are new. We haven't had any rain in over 4 weeks and I have not been over watering... So it leads me to believe maybe the seeds are tainted as the article said if the seeds came from a crop that was tainted by white spot it could be from that, so before I rip it out I will try a copper fungicide but I just can't see me eating them, maybe I will just rip them out and throw away soil and try another seed. They are in a pot so no big lose - crap!! I am the worst at learning new stuff! :lol:
I love this! - There can be no other occupation like gardening in which, if you were to creep up behind someone at their work, you would find them smiling.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”