OROZCONLECHE
Green Thumb

My Greatest Collection...Too Much?

I'm Now Growing My Best collection of Plants,
From Left Ghost Pepper, Aji Lemon Drop, Sweet Banana, Trinidad S. B.T., 7 Pod yellow, Naga Morich, Dtil, Choc. Hab., 7 Pod Tonah, Douglah, Brain Strain. and I got More Varieties Outside Including Manzano, Serrano, Jalap. Guajillo, Chile De arbol, Orange Hab. and Still have Cherry Bomb Seeds, Just No Room for them To Plant anymore....I Have a Problem..lol
They are now set, after a trip to the 99¢ store and got what I could afford to start my seeds, besides some pots I got for my Tomato plants I got some seed starting kits and some soil, well now they are set and into the light they go, Wish me luck and Tips for better germination rate Thanks
[img]https://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee442/OROZCOVICTOR/2012-01-10202138.jpg[/img]
[img]https://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee442/OROZCOVICTOR/2012-01-10203423.jpg[/img]

DeborahL
Green Thumb

Awesome ! You're gonna have so much fun ! And of course, good food too.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

You have gotten bitten by the gardening bug! :) I expect it is too much in the sense that once all those seeds sprout, you are going to have a hard time providing enough light for them all, unless your weather is such that you can put them outside. But even in SoCal, I'm guessing it won't be warm enough for outdoor peppers for awhile.

And then what are you going to do with them? Do you have garden room for all those pepper plants? If you are doing them in containers, it is ONE pepper plant to a 2 or 3 gallon container.

But those are the kinds of things you find out by experience, so I'm guessing you will just have to grow them out and see what happens.

OROZCONLECHE
Green Thumb

Yea my only problem is that there is just too many plants growing, idk what to do when they get older, I don't think Ill have enough pots to Raised them in, Well I will have lots of fun, Besides I just have a habit of planting as many seeds I have.

OROZCONLECHE
Green Thumb

Yea, I guess I'm going to take them outside when they get big enough, If anything my Yard can take some of the plants sense I don't have enought pots, Luckly my neighbor has an acre of random plants, and because he loves growing them, he actually gets Soil every month just because, and He said if I ever need pots to let him know, so he got me cover on that, but again Idk if I'm moving this month or anytime soon, but if I do ill just take my favorite plants.

Avonnow
Green Thumb

This may seem like alot of work, but I drive alot for work and I always look for planters people are throwing away - from large to small - Even the plastic type from the big box stores - they still have life in them. I can't believe how many I come across especially as spring aproaches here in Florida and everyone is re landscaping their lawns and flower gardens, start looking for some in the sizes your home can accommadate, or if you have friends or your neighbor (like you mentioned) who have lawn business ask them for any they have - I got alot of plastic pots from a local lawn guy and they all work really well and I transplant my seedlings into 4" and then up from there. I have alot of plants on my patio and they are all in containers. I have even used Rubbermaid bins and had my husband drill all kind of drainage holes in it and then I can grow cucumbers, peppers, peas etc all on the patio. I hate buying anything when there are things we can recycle and get more life out of them. Most everything seems to work well. Good Luck once you start growing it is hard to stop. :D

OROZCONLECHE
Green Thumb

I know exactly what you mean, I always get free things, well by helping people and them donating as much as they can, and my dad was working on a house and they gave him free 10 gallon pots with Good soil, for now I use some 2 litter bottles for pots just drill some holes and presto. =]

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”