PunkRotten
Greener Thumb

I had a tomato plant stop growing and it even had tomatoes on it not ripe yet. But since it has been sunny for a week to 2 weeks I can see it growing a little. The tomatoes look like they may ripen soon and I see more tomatoes forming in some flowers.

Yeah the cooler weather will do that. Sounds like your Serrano is doing what my tomato did. It is still alive but may be dormant.

OROZCONLECHE
Green Thumb

Yea sound like what us doing, but its weird that the other plants ain't but if they wana stay dormant till spring than that's fine with me, it will give me a head start in spring.

OROZCONLECHE
Green Thumb

This is my room, all are paper mouthwash paper cups, on top of the header of my bed, From Left to Right 100% Germination: Chile De Arbol, Serrano, Aji Dulce, Guajillo, Jalapeno, Habanero, Manzano, Small Jalapeno. [img]https://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee442/OROZCOVICTOR/2012-01-04220943.jpg[/img]

PunkRotten
Greener Thumb

Cool. When they get a little bigger change them to a pot a little bigger. Then when spring comes around put them in the ground.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

But right away I would put drainage holes in the cups, so water doesn't stay in it. Then you will need to put some kind of tray under them so the water doesn't make a mess all over. If you can't do that, you will need to be VERY, VERY careful about how much water you give -- water with an eyedropper!

For future reference, I would fill the cups to almost the top with potting soil, just enough that the soil doesn't spill over. Your little seedlings are sitting down at the bottom of a well, which cuts down the amount of light they get. They probably aren't getting as much light as they would like no matter what you do, so you don't want to cut it down any more.

OROZCONLECHE
Green Thumb

Yea my plan is to fill it with soil to the top put holes in the bottom, I can put em by a window for light and see who can stay alive, I found 8 pots for a dollar at the 99 ...¢ store so I'm going to put them in there when they get big and in spring on the floor

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”