RuHappy69

When do Walmart, Home Depot, etc Get their Seed Packs in?

start getting their seed packs in? I lie in NJ (zone 6) and want to start my indoor gardening soon under my lights and was hoping someone knows

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

I would think different time for different prime. We all have slightly different spring schedules.

I would recommend ordering over the internet for better choices and earlier delivery.

Eric

RuHappy69

But unless you can send me a link to a place where I can get a seed pack for under $2 with free shipping I'm all in!

ruggr10
Green Thumb

georgiavines.com has some cool flowers and edibles for under $2 and free shipping. No minimum. I've ordered from them for 2 years.

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

Wal Marts usually come in first I would guess 3 more weeks! Livingston seeds are in some gardencenters now because I bought some today at one of the garden centers. They put the seeds in the racks today!. Nice selection!

Hortman

Hello RuHappy69. Ken here in the Chicago area. The Home Depots
in your area should be getting Spring seeds in sometime in January.
To be sure, go on in and ask either the department head, an assistant
store manager, or the store manager. They would know exactly when the
seeds are arriving. Good luck and make it a great garden in 2012.

RuHappy69

nt

OROZCONLECHE
Green Thumb

My walmart homedepot and lowes never remove there seeds as the garden section is left open because everyone still gardens and I found out all there garden stuff is half off at walmart cuz its not season to garden

Francis Barnswallow
Green Thumb

Picked up some pepper seeds today at Kmart.

PunkRotten
Greener Thumb

OROZCONLECHE wrote:My walmart homedepot and lowes never remove there seeds as the garden section is left open because everyone still gardens and I found out all there garden stuff is half off at walmart cuz its not season to garden

I tried to find clearance or discounted items like a month ago bu at lowes and one home depot the guy acted like I was crazy for asking. Like they were acting like they don;t clearance or discount gardening stuff. I guess I will try again. I'd love to score discounted potting soil.

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

Ya K mart has all their burpee seeds out now with 40% off the pack price. not bad even though I donot like burpee that much . they have too little seeds per pack! Livingstom much better! I bought a few packs like Oak leaf lettuce , broccoli romanesco , cypress vine red flower & Hollyhock! Only 4 packs a little at a time!

OROZCONLECHE
Green Thumb

Yea I went to Dollar Tree and by chance I saw a box hidden, me trying to see what it was from curiosity pulled it out and saw seed packets checked the price and each was 25¢ I grabbed all the good oje left all the repeated ones.

Tonio
Green Thumb

I don't know what it is about the purchasing personnel @ the big box stores in San Diego, but they are idiots. They do not know how to restock items when the shelves are empty. Obviously they sell, but instead they discontinue the selling items.
Although they have seasonal items, they do not have a clue about the local season where the store is located. :roll:
Winter in San Diego is prime time for so many veggies its laughable what these stores do for inventory. Do they throw out last year seeds?

rant off !
:D

T

OROZCONLECHE
Green Thumb

I heard from a walmart guy they don't discontinue they actually send the product back, its recalled because the company can't sell their product expire 1 year

DeborahL
Green Thumb

I wonder why our garden centers sell herb and tomato plants in December but no seeds.

Tonio
Green Thumb

May I ask what garden center in reference, Deborah? Assuming you mean currently....

T

GardenRN
Greener Thumb

As of Thursday Walmart has all of their seeds in :) well, maybe not all, but a lot of veggie seeds. They switched brands though. None of the $1 packs of Ferry Morse seeds, they're all Ferry Morse, but new packaging and ranging from $1.19~$1.89. :?

DeborahL
Green Thumb

Tonio, Home Depot, and Walmart and Sprouts all have tomato and other vegetable plants in fall and winter until the Christmas trees come in.

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

My Wal mart has all Burpee in now! I bought two packs Eggplant garden blend is $1.48 and a pack of Space HY. spinach for $1.19. I am planting the seeds tonight!

Tonio
Green Thumb

LOL Deborah, I forgot about this thread he he he.

Isn't it crazy these stores having plants you can't do anything with? I thought you meant actual nurseries stocking out of season seedlings. If that were the case, I would have to talk to the mgr. to see where their head is at:wink:

I did see Wallyworld starting to stock up on Burpee veggies last weekend. They actually had some organic seeds too! Funny, some stockperson was assembling the set up, and mid-way they got out of alphabetical order and stopped . LOL

T

erlyberd
Cool Member

Not sure but Ocean State Job Lot in Canton, CT has seed marked 40% off in the flyers already! Saw that yesterday 1/11/2012!

amalgamate

Anyone know if Walmart, Lowes, or Home Depot typically have organic or heirloom corn seeds? Just wondering if that's something I'll likely need to order online before I make the 30 minute trip to a store.

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

I would compare postage to gasoline. If you have to make the trip anyway, no comparison.

Don't be the one that burns $5.00 in gas to save .50 on the price of milk. :wink:

Eric

amalgamate

DoubleDogFarm wrote:I would compare postage to gasoline. If you have to make the trip anyway, no comparison.

Don't be the one that burns $5.00 in gas to save .50 on the price of milk. :wink:

Eric
lol. Good point. Can I blame lack of sleep?

dustyrivergardens
Green Thumb

lol I love driving around and spending the days looking through nurseries.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”