Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

Kohlrabi weathers the cold and is still growing!

I picked a white and a purple kohlrabi today and the purple was much better! They looked a little old and ruff but were very good and not stringing! I ate some raw with salt but microwaved some cut pieces to soften them up and they were exceptional with a touch of just salt! I will make cole slaw this week for thanksgiving from them! Kohlrabi cole slaw is better that cabbage slaw. I have a whole 20 foot row of both about the size of a base ball but longer! If you have any try it for Thanksgiving and add a carrot for color or even a red pepper!!
I enjoy fishing ,gardening and a solar greenhouse! carpet installation repair and sales for over 45 years! I am the inventor of the Bobber With A Brain - Fishing Bobber!

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

Sounds great. No kohlrabi left here. I am going to try slaw from kohlrabi next time I get some. Still eating tomatoes, potatoes and carrots from the garden. (That have been stored in the garage) I have some winter squash too. Maybe I will cook one of those soon.
Gardening at 5000 feet elevation, zone 4/5 Northern Utah, Frost free from May 25 to September 8 +/-

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”