jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

Snow

Good snowy morning. Now I am growing snowflakes and icicles. There is 3.5 inches of fresh snow on the table on the patio where I measured it. Pictures later. Have a great day.

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Kinda figured you had snow with all the precipitation around the country.

I jumped the gun this year and pulled almost everything too early. We have yet to have a frost here.

Richard L.

Snow... already!... good thing I live down here, it hasn't snowed here since 1985 long ago and that was a freak snow storm of 12 inches. At that time I took over 100 photos of the snow. Stay warm & post some snow shots!

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

[img]https://donce.lofthouse.com/jamaica/snow_burningbush.jpg[/img]

[img]https://donce.lofthouse.com/jamaica/snow_garden.jpg[/img]

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

Wow, snow already. I moved south 32 years ago to get away from snow and long cold winters. You seem to have perfect weather for a great garden. I bet its nice there in the summer.

Richard L.

Great shots of some snow, that second one with the scenery is nice!... Thanks

john gault
Green Thumb

No snow here, but has been very cold for the last couple of days for this time of year. I hate to think this is going to be another cold, cold winter, but not looking good so far. On the plus side I got about 10 bags of leaves between today and yesterday, gotta really thick layer now to keep the roots of the banana plant good for the winter.

Father's Daughter
Cool Member

The 15 inches of white stuff we got last Saturday is just about gone. Other than next year's garlic, the only things left in the garden are carrots, broccoli, parsley and oregano. And all the tree branches that came down completely missed the garden. It'll be almost sixty for a good part of next week--crazy weather!

lily51
Greener Thumb

now that's a four letter word!

TheWaterbug
Greener Thumb

jal_ut wrote:Good snowy morning.
I'm hoping to come to SLC to ski Brighton and/or Solitude on Nov. 18 and 19th. They're [url=https://www.skiutah.com/winter/index.html]scheduled to open on the 10th and 11th[/url], weather permitting, so snow is good news for me!

stella1751
Greener Thumb

Beautiful photos, Jal_UT! There's nothing as beautiful as a layer of fresh snow coating a landscape.

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

You seem to have perfect weather for a great garden. I bet its nice there in the summer.
This past season was pretty cool. We only had two days where it got in the 90s. Yes, pretty nice for us, but the warm weather plants did not do as well as usual when we get more warm weather. Each season is different.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”