OROZCONLECHE
Green Thumb

Miracle Gro Blue Powder

I know most users don't like usijg it as its not Organic and I noticed its damage, I was growing tomatoe plants and a few were dying so I sprinkle a bit of miracle gro by the next day all plants with the miracle gro burned out and the organic ones heal them selfs, I am now a sad person for not knowing how to use it, Does anyone use this product? If you do any tips?
Trance Me Away

digitS'
Super Green Thumb

I use Miracle-gro on ornamentals.

It is a very concentrated fertilizer and must be diluted with water. Buy the hose-end sprayer for it. They make it simple.

OR

"With a Watering Can: Mix 1 tablespoon of Miracle-Gro for every gallon of water."

Steve
We are each other's harvest; we are each other's business; we are each other's magnitude and bond. ~ Gwendolyn Brooks

gumbo2176
Super Green Thumb

digitS' wrote:I use Miracle-gro on ornamentals.

It is a very concentrated fertilizer and must be diluted with water. Buy the hose-end sprayer for it. They make it simple.

OR

"With a Watering Can: Mix 1 tablespoon of Miracle-Gro for every gallon of water."

Steve
That is exactly how I use it when using a watering can on the plants on my porches. Once a month I will mix some Miracle Grow with the water and let the plants have a drink. Some of my plants are over a year or two in the same potting mix and when used right, Miracle Grow is good for them. I've never used it in my vegetable garden where I prefer to use compost tea.

OROZCONLECHE
Green Thumb

Whats Compost Tea? Sorry for the questions im 1month new gardener
Trance Me Away

TWC015

Re: Miracle Gro Blue Powder

OROZCONLECHE wrote:I know most users don't like usijg it as its not Organic and I noticed its damage, I was growing tomatoe plants and a few were dying so I sprinkle a bit of miracle gro by the next day all plants with the miracle gro burned out and the organic ones heal them selfs, I am now a sad person for not knowing how to use it, Does anyone use this product? If you do any tips?
Your plants got burned because it was used improperly. Miracle Gro should be dissolved in water. It cannot be sprinkled on the ground. If you apply any fertilizer without thoroughly watering it in, you are asking for burn.

The box/container clearly states that you dilute with water. It gives suggested amounts for different plants.

OROZCONLECHE
Green Thumb

Well I got it from a guy and it was just in a ziplog bag, he just told me to sprinkle it ontop of plants but now i should crush it into powder and dilute it with water
Trance Me Away

SOB
Green Thumb

OROZCONLECHE wrote:Well I got it from a guy and it was just in a ziplog bag, he just told me to sprinkle it ontop of plants but now i should crush it into powder and dilute it with water
The miracle grow I have used is usually already in a powder and doesn't need to be crushed. I guess I'm a little confused with this statement because how are you to "sprinkle it on top of plants" if it's not already a powder?

Tilde
Green Thumb

Might be pelletized

https://www.scotts.com/smg/learn/video/videoPage.jsp?detailId=16500016
USDA Zone 10, Sunset Zone 25, 16 feet above sea level, surrounded by chem-turfers.

garden5
Super Green Thumb

Yeah, I've seen that pellet kind before where you can put it on top of the soil.

Now, despite my disposition to using MG, I have and will use it on flowers. I've notice it perk them up and make them bloom better.

However, I will never use it with vegetables. If you don't know the nutrients already represented in your soil, you can have problems when using MG. One thing that I've heard frequently is that you can end up with a giant plant and no fruit.

The thing I find great about organics is that it's harder to mess up with them.
There's something new growing in the Helpful Gardener Forum! Become a part of it here!

SOB
Green Thumb

Tilde wrote:Might be pelletized

https://www.scotts.com/smg/learn/video/videoPage.jsp?detailId=16500016
But the thread title say "Blue Powder" :?:

OROZCONLECHE
Green Thumb

Yea its a powder/pellet sorry for the confusion and wow got more tips then I expected thank you all and your righti might get a huge plant maybe ill just get a compose for veggies and use this for flowers
Trance Me Away

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”