Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

Peppers doing great but a littl late! Movng some inside!

Its ashame that we do not have another month of nice weather! My peppers are loaded with floers and many half size peppers. I have a few mature ones.
+++
I dug a half dozen of the plants and put them in 5 gallon buckets today. I placed them in the greenhouse. A big shovel of dirt below the roots seems to work great! I had several over 4 feet tall with lots of flowers. I hope to get another 60 days in the greenhouse with only water barrel heat!

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

My peppers did not do well this year. It was too cool I think. I did get some jalapenos to maturity and a few sweet peppers, but it was not a good year for peppers here. Oh well, I have never had a year where everything did excellent. Peppers or not, I had a good garden overall.

Good luck with the peppers.

SPierce
Greener Thumb

Best of luck! I'm in the same situation as you; debating over whether to bring my 1 pepper inside the house, or take the chance and leave it outside, or to pick the peppers green (the seeds are for orange bells). We're still getting sunny days.

bg
Cool Member

lol, my pepper plants got hit hard with aphids and drought during this last month. They have just started to flower again after growing a new set of leaves. I have a few habaneros that just started to grow, hopefully I'll get some ghost peppers finally (since it's flowering now too), as well as some jalepenos.

I also have about 3 cayenne peppers half grown on that plant. I had to cut down a few tomato plants and the ones I planted a while back have started to grow well now.

But like you said, it's nearing winter, so I'm hoping things don't get too cold here to bother my plants. I think, since I have no place to bring them in, that I'll buy some plastic to cover my garden.

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Again good luck, I brought one in so far.

Weird year thus far. The ast month I have been gettin huge ones bigger than the rest of the year. A little too late but still......

cherishedtiger
Green Thumb

My sweet banana peppers have done better than anything I have ever grown this year. I too still have flowers and half way there peppers on the plant. I don't think I have much to worry about, not even a frost has set in yet. But my peppers are going crazy! I have given away a ton, plus I have gallon zip lock bags full in the freezer!

Father's Daughter
Cool Member

I picked more peppers the day of the snowstorm than I did all summer. It seemed that production really picked up after the cooler weather hit. Not what I was expecting, so it was a pleasant surprise. They were a sweet Italian variety that I'll definitely grow again.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”