cherishedtiger
Green Thumb

A plethora of peppers!

Went out last night, finally picked my peppers, kinda had no other choice since even after staking them up they were still leaning due to the sheer weight of the peppers on the poor little plant!
The front yellow peppers are sweet banana peppers and the couple dark ones in back are my jalapenos which all changed color or came in black and didnt do as well this year as I had hoped. (I think the banana peppers kinda took over :wink: )
[img]https://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k82/cherishedtiger/DSCN0820.jpg[/img]
[img]https://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k82/cherishedtiger/DSCN0819.jpg[/img]

cherishedtiger
Green Thumb

That I have not tried, though, I may just have to!! Lord knows I have enough! :D

applestar
Mod

Looks GREAT! Enjoy your harvest!! :()

RyNJ
Cool Member

That looks great and I'm jealous. Peppers were my second biggest failure this year :wink:

garden5
Super Green Thumb

Congratulations on your great harvest! Are all of the banana peppers from 1 plant?

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Nice! Those bannan peppers came out great, they have a nice size to them. I didn't grow any this year but I did grow several other variety's most have done well. My Nu Mex Heritage were the most productive followed by Serrano.

cherishedtiger
Green Thumb

garden5 wrote:Congratulations on your great harvest! Are all of the banana peppers from 1 plant?
Mostly yes! There may be one or two in there from the other plant, but a majority of those are all from one little plant. It was so heavy I had to stake it up, and even that wasn't helping! :shock:

garden5
Super Green Thumb

cherishedtiger wrote:
garden5 wrote:Congratulations on your great harvest! Are all of the banana peppers from 1 plant?
Mostly yes! There may be one or two in there from the other plant, but a majority of those are all from one little plant. It was so heavy I had to stake it up, and even that wasn't helping! :shock:
Wow, that's great productivity! My bananas aren't all that productive. However, my jalapenos are producing well.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”