Ruffsta
Green Thumb

but is it really worth it? I wouldn't push my limits.. if it don't look right.. simply because it's not..

we are glad to hear you are still around and kicking, but some chances are not worth the risk.. especially when it comes to mushrooms, peppers, tomatoes, ect... these can affect major vital organs - sometimes fast.. sometimes years down the road..

when you look at something, take it for what it is.. instead of what "could be" when it comes to food.

garden5
Super Green Thumb

I just got the same thing with my first ghost pepper!

I left it on the plant for about a week or so after it turned red. When I picked it, a small part of the skin looked to be getting a dark hue. Several hours after I picked it, half of the pepper was dark and when I cut into it, everything inside was moldy.

Now, the one thing I noticed was that you are growing yours in pots and this one was in a pot...I'm wondering if that has something to do with it? I also wonder if leaving it on the plant a long time has anything to do with it as well?

garden5
Super Green Thumb

Ok, I picked another red one Monday. This one hasn't been red for very long on the plant. It wasn't soft and didn't seem to have any dark hues to it. However, I didn't cut it open until Saturday. By this time, it was slightly soft and the inside was about half-moldy. However, there were parts that were salvageable that were clean.

I'm thinking that for some reason, I will have to pick them as soon as they turn red and the use them in order to get away with very little mold inside.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”