Jeffross1968

Sudden cuke plant death

Figuring this isn't normal...but I had around 5 or 6 cuke plants, different kinds, that I planted back in early May. By the end of June, early July, they were producing like mad. Late July, early August, I went out and bought all the needed stuff for pickling. Then everything just stopped. Weather was the same, watering the same. I saw no bugs that weren't there before. But if you were to look at them now, it's as if something just sucked the life out of the plants. They are shriveled up, turned brown, leaves and stems, and died. All of them, in different areas of the garden. I have one that is barely holding on with 2 cukes, maybe 3 inches long on each, and the ends are curling.

It's as if someone just flicked a switch and cuke season was over. My maters are still producing, as are my green bell and banana peppers and even a few broccoli and eggplant. But the cukes are kaput!

I'm about to plant some fall harvest stuff, and thought maybe I'd better ask what I'm dealing with here...

Jeffross1968

Gah, just saw the other thread with the same issue. Mods, delete this if you want. Not sure how I missed that one...

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”