Fig3825

Naturally, you are probably right as I wouldn't have a clue. The other spray I have is the Safer 3-in-1 Garden Spray and in addition to helping control some insects, it claims to help against powdery mildew, black spot, leaf spot and rust. It doesn't mention wilt.

tedln
Super Green Thumb

I may have been wrong when I said the cucumber wilt is a virus. I think it is sometimes called bacterial wilt, but it doesn't matter because either way, the cucumber plant is going to die. I don't know a lot about growing cucumbers and there are many more experienced gardeners on this forum than me. I expect my cucumber plants to die from some malady each year, so I am simply prepared to replant them as needed.

There are also many home remedies people use on this forum. Some I have used with success, others with less success. Diluted dairy products like milk seem to help prevent many fungal problems. Many people use copper solutions commercially available with good results for the same purpose. My personal favorite is common bleach diluted below 10% concentration with water. It seems to stop many fungal diseases in their tracks, but should be washed off the plants after about thirty minutes. I've heard of people using alcohol solutions in weak concentrations. I guess you need to find out what works best for you.

Be prepared to also lose an occasional plant to the "cure" if the concentrated spray isn't diluted enough.

Good luck!

Ted

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”