stella1751
Greener Thumb

Great Morning in the Garden!

What a terrific morning this has been! My Habaneros have finally begun to produce; I saw several tiny green peppers on them. I saw at least two viable watermelons. The strawberries have begun to blossom for one last harvest. The pumpkin I hand-pollinated yesterday appears to have taken. I finally took a chance and peeled back the husk on one ear of corn, and it is pollinating all the way! It's just very immature. That's why the ears look so skinny. The HBC II's just topped 3' tall and are covered with little peppers and blossoms. The Super Chilies are covered with yellow peppers, some of them quite large for this variety.

These are the mornings that make gardening all worthwhile. My plants are thriving despite me! The race against the clock begins this month, and I am starting to feel very optimistic about the upcoming harvest :clap:

hit or miss
Green Thumb

Very good! We're slowly harvesting here. The heat and drought are really something this year.

greenstubbs

I got more food than I know what to do with this year. Goofy weather and goofy crops. I can say I'm happy happy, I'm just bummed I'm going to miss out on what looks like a 8-12 lb. H-dew, it's huge! I gotta go fight the terrorist, I'll be in a safe place! Maybe I can get a care package from home?

stella1751
Greener Thumb

hit or miss wrote:Very good! We're slowly harvesting here. The heat and drought are really something this year.
I heard about your heat on the news. Incredible! I think it was Wichita that got to 108; another small town got to 100+teens. We haven't broken 100 up here this summer. I don't think we got any closer than 97. It really takes the shine out of working in the garden when it is so much more comfortable (and safer) in the house :shock:

ButterflyGarden

I love days like that!! Enjoy your garden.

Greenstubbs, are you military?

garden5
Super Green Thumb

I know just how you feel! I really like when I go out in the morning to find that plants are now producing, things are getting bigger, and there is something to eat for breakfast!

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”