I have just started vegetable gardening and have some questions regarding Cabbages:
1. Is it possible to protect cabbages against caterpillars with a spray or dust?
2. I find something every now and then in gardening reading that refers to Club Root in Cabbage but it rarely goes into detail. One article said one should add Lime to acid soil but gave no precise detail but I wonder how much of it?
3. My soil is clay but is that acid or not and should one add lime to it?
4. If one adds lime how much should be added?
5. Should one dip the cabbage plant roots in lime before planting out?
6. Could anyone throw some light on the advice I have read that one should use a collar when planting cabbage plants. What is the point and what protection does it give?