Do you like your summers scorching hot, medium or mild? mild?

Poll ended at Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:38 pm

Scorching hot!
15%
Medium temps.
38%
Mild temps!
46%

Total votes: 13
Fig3825

Garden getting a drink from nature today

Yes, it's raining in Alexandria, Va (and in a few surrounding areas).

Makes me happy because I know the garden likes it when it rains. Especially since I spread some fertilizer around the the rain helps distribute it into the soil more evenly than the soaker does.

Unfortunately, the next 10 days aren't calling for anymore rain aside from the potential for scattered showers on 1 of those 10. It's also going to be scorching hot again for the next 10 days (according to the forecast), with every day of the next 10 over 90F and 3 of which will all be over 95F.

I'm getting sick of this heatwave...anyone else? I like to go outside in the summer and enjoy the weather. Now I dread going out and it makes working in the garden and other yard work barely tolerable. It's kinda making what used to be fun more like work! :evil:

garden5
Super Green Thumb

Well, for myself I like to have the temperatures on the mild side. However, when it comes to the garden, I like the temperatures to be hot.

This is mostly due to the fact that I grow peppers and the short growing season up here reduces productivity. They seem to really respond well to the heat.

However, I can't blame the climate too much for for my yields as there are folks who have the same climate as mine and have great productivity :wink:.

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Congrats on the rain. We got enough yesterday to make the street wet. With none in the forecast for a while. :x

As for are we sick of the massive heat wave. I am a bricklayer, working outside usually up against a white Tyvek wall or in a back yard with no breeze or on a roof with black tar paper. You are dang right I'm sick of it.

soil
Greener Thumb

the hotter the better! its the winter and its freezing cold temps I hate :evil:

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”