Gary350
Super Green Thumb

39 Crook Neck Yellow Squash on 1 Plant

I am tired of having bad lucky with hybride seeds. For the past several years all I get is blossoms and very few squash. I got 2 squash from 6 plants all last summer. I got NO squash from 6 plants the summer before that.

I got some new seeds that are NOT hybrides. I planted 3 seeds the 1st day of June and I planted another 3 seeds the 1st day of July. We have already been picking and eating squash every day for a week. Wow the plants are loaded it looks like we are going to have over 100 squash from 3 plants in probably a weeks time.

Look at the photo of this one plant. It has 22 baby crook neck yellow squash and 17 blossoms ready to open. I have no idea what type seeds these are I got them off Ebay and they came in a white mailing envelope. If you double click the photo it gets larger.

[img]https://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e358/gary350/100_1492.jpg[/img]
Last edited by Gary350 on Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

If I were you I would save some of those seeds they might be worth it! The roots must have tapped into a rich source of rich compost! Nice post thanks!

annastasia76

wow, I have never seen that many grow all at once, we usually get 3-4 on a plant at a time at various stages averaging about one squash ready to pick per day.

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

So, The radiation from the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant has reach you also. :shock:

Vary nice plant. I would save seeds if you could guarantee no cross pollination.

Eric

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

Very nice! You will have squash this year.

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

That ay be a record and 22 is great but don't count your blossoms before they bloom. :wink: We all know how picky squash can be, though obviously this one isn't very picky at all. 8)

SarahSarah
Cool Member

You should batter and fry some of those baby squash with the flowers stuffed with ricotta cheese. YUUUUUUMMMMMMMM!

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”