siam2329
Newly Registered

purple pepper problem

Hi,
My purple pepper plant seems "stunted". I had one small pepper growing for about 2months. It never grew bigger than a large gumball. Some one told to me go ahead and pick it b/c the plant was putting too much effort into gropwing that one pepper. I don't see any buds for new ones, nor do I see any other problems. HELP!

Also, I have a japanese eggplant that is small but it had the beginnings of a flower but it quickly turned yellow and died. HELP!

Thanks

applestar
Mod

Often around this time of the year, lack of fruits is often attributed to too much heat causing flowers to stop production and dropping (blossom drop). but I wonder if in your case in Wisconsin, the issue is more of not enough heat?

Eggplants LOVE heat. Peppers -- if this is a bell pepper -- want nice even mid-70's to 80's at most...and there are cultivars adapted to hotter areas. What have the temps been like where you are?

if your plants are growing huge but have no blooms, then the issue I think would be too much nitrogen fertilizer, but it doesn't sound like that's the case?

TheWaterbug
Greener Thumb

Purple pepper progeny pint-sized? Possibly parched? Prescription: prophylaxis.

applestar
Mod

:?: Are we supposed to say this three times really fast?
You may want to verify the spell with Professor Sprout of Herbology
...can you tel we just went to see the last Harry Potter flick yesterday? :wink:

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”