jordanleereynols

issues with cukes.....

I think I have some issues with the cukes. Sorry I have no pics, but here's what I have going on. First off, my plants are small, and really took a long time to take off from seedlings when I transplanted them. So much that I thought I would have to scrap them and start over, but then they took off. My small cukes started showing early last week. I had some that actually had a ripe shape/color, but maybe a little pale. Figure I would give them another 2 days. Well in 2 days they are what I would call the size of a normal cuke, get they are pale almost to the point of being white. I cut one open and the seeds resembled a normal cuke as far as ripeness, and I ate it and it was really really bland. HELP!

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Tell us a little more about the conditions they are growing in... hours of direct sun? how much water/ rain? temps? how you fertilize? etc

the first thing I would think about is whether they are getting enough sun.

applestar
Mod

Also, what variety of cuke is it? I jumped to a guess that it's an Armenian or Persian, which would be more pale and prefers hotter temps to grow.

I have a couple of Armenian seedlings that still only has 4 or 6 leaves even though they were sown in late May. (Drought didn't help either). A regular variety, or maybe Lemon cuke, sown two weeks earlier at the other end of the 4ft wide trellis is already covering 3/5 of the trellis and is starting to fruit....

Is the entire plant pale?

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”