bogydave

Today's wheelbarrow haul. Zus doing well. golf balls too

regular & jade pearl (I think) zucs.
[img]https://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj269/bogydave/grdveggies7-11.jpg[/img]

orgoveg
Green Thumb

Golf balls are great simmered in hazard water. To them, add sauteed broken tees and bunker sand. Salt and pepper to taste.

Seriously, those zucchinis are impressive coming from an Alaskan garden.

ButterflyGarden

wow, looks nice. Enjoy!

gardenvt
Green Thumb

The cucumber beetles got my 8 ball squash. :(

Very nice harvest!

bogydave

[quote="orgoveg"]Golf balls are great simmered in hazard water. To them, add sauteed broken tees and bunker sand. .[/quote]

Thanks all
I do like to "slice" the balls first & "plant" in adjoining fairways.
They make good seeds in the woods, I always find other balls there when hunting mine. Mostly "hybrids" or cross pollenated types, rarely find the same type I plant in there. Some areas have great soil conditions as they multiply fast & I pick several ripe ones when searching for mine.
:)

orgoveg
Green Thumb

Ha! Ha! Now I KNOW you're a golfer. :)

The Mad Hatter

bogydave wrote:
orgoveg wrote:Golf balls are great simmered in hazard water. To them, add sauteed broken tees and bunker sand. .
Thanks all
I do like to "slice" the balls first & "plant" in adjoining fairways.
They make good seeds in the woods, I always find other balls there when hunting mine. Mostly "hybrids" or cross pollenated types, rarely find the same type I plant in there. Some areas have great soil conditions as they multiply fast & I pick several ripe ones when searching for mine.
:)
I have never golfed before, but that made me laugh. I would suggest some zucchini pickles. I so love making them and eating them lol.

T.M.H.

mattie g
Green Thumb

Also, if you bury those golf balls in the sand, they may produce a "fried egg."

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

Being from Latrobe Pa. here home of Arnie Palmer I hear alot about golf also! I pass his golf course all the time and would like to grow crops on some of his plush greens or maybe greens on the greens ! My favorite from your nice mixture is the Khlrabi.. I have been making cole slaw out of them and it is great even better than cabbage! We always add carrots to the slaw!

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”