albucsfan
Cool Member

Red Noodle Beans

No complaints or problems, just a comment! Little man (6 yrs old) picked chinese red noodle beans out of the Baker Creek catalog...because red is his favorite color (sounds like a good reason right??) :D planted a few only 4 or 5 plants and only 3 came up. So far we have had them as a side with dinner 3 times, they are still going, and the kids both LOVE them. Consider this a hearty endorsement I guess :lol: Will definitely plan to put in more next year, as they are doing very well even sharing space with the cucumbers (never let a 6 year old plant a row without CLOSE supervision!! :lol: )

thanrose
Greener Thumb

They grew really well for me, too. Very few crops can keep kids excited about gardening, but these will do it.

csvd87

I have a pack of them, never got them planted, ordered late, plus we had a postal service lock out, and I didn't have room anyways, but glad to hear something about them.

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

Fun! I had some purple beans the kids thought were great.

gumbo2176
Super Green Thumb

albucsfan wrote:No complaints or problems, just a comment! Little man (6 yrs old) picked chinese red noodle beans out of the Baker Creek catalog...because red is his favorite color (sounds like a good reason right??) :D planted a few only 4 or 5 plants and only 3 came up. So far we have had them as a side with dinner 3 times, they are still going, and the kids both LOVE them. Consider this a hearty endorsement I guess :lol: Will definitely plan to put in more next year, as they are doing very well even sharing space with the cucumbers (never let a 6 year old plant a row without CLOSE supervision!! :lol: )

I have a 12 ft. long x 6 ft. tall trellis of Purple Japanese Yard Long beans growing right now and those things sure are prolific. I truly believe I've picked close to 500 beans between 18-24 inches long each since I began harvesting them. They mature very fast once the bean starts forming. They really put me in mind of my Okra I have growing. You see the pod start forming and in only 2-3 days they are needing to be picked.

My neighbors and family love my extras.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”