Susan W
Greener Thumb

Purple Potatoes

This should be in recipes, but figured more would read here.
I got a few things at the Farmers Market for the grill-time later today at my son's house. Tomatoes, corn, peaches and potatoes.

I am fixing a potato salad (usually potatoes, green beans if available, mayo/lemon juice, herbs). The potatoes I got are purple all the way through. I am boiling them now, giving them time to cool, then will make the salad, chill until deliver time. They are pretty, albeit different! Any suggestions?

The tomatoes will just be cut, add basil and lemon basil, touch of salt and a wee bit of olive oil.

KelleBelle
Newly Registered

I picked a few of those up from our local farmers market as well- they are really sweet- like candy! They are quite tasty, but to me, not at all like a typical potato, so I ended up just boiling them enough to soften, and using basic garnishments like butter and such. I was suprised at how smooth and sweet they were- it seemed more like eating a dessert! :)

Susan W
Greener Thumb

Thanks for input. I did the potato salad with mayo. Looks odd as we're not used to it. Have a bowl of cut up tomatoes, yellow and red tossed with basil, bit of salt and oil, yellow/white corn still in husks complete with worms, and peaches. All from the farmers market, herbs from my pots.

It's pretty, and fresh!

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”