sheeshshe
Greener Thumb

also, before I spray again here... I"m going to have to chop chop chop again even though I just chopped 2 days ago :( its sad. there is barely anything left to chop :( my poor plants!
Sheila, gardening on the zone 4b/5a line.

SPierce
Greener Thumb

No advice to offer, but i feel horrible you're having such a hard time this year :(

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

Dissolve 1 tablespoon of copper sulfate with 2 tablespoons of lime in 1 gallon of water. Spray your tomato plants 2 or 3 times every week. This will stop it from spreading. Cut off the blight infected parts of your plants.

sheeshshe
Greener Thumb

and my sprayer is not cooperating. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Black River

Shee, i've been fighting blight this year also, first on potatoes, now on tomatoes and peppers. I bought the Daconil liquid spayer mix and sprayed very thouroughly. It took me two evenings to spray 95 plants, and i probably used 5-6 sprayer fulls. I covered the leaves until there was a little of the whitish substance left on them. So far after one time spraying, it seems to have stopped it for the most part. The peppers made a total turnaround after one application. That was a week ago, and we've had rain every day for the last two-three days so i will re-apply the Daconil this weekend. That's the darndest part of it all, last year i couldn't get enough water on the garden, this year it's too much! Sure would be nice to have a normal year every now and then!

You might need to buy a new sprayer, i just used a gallon size plastic cheapie one from Wal-mart. I wasn't sure what i had put in the one i had, so i didn't take a chance.

So, i think i saved the plants, but now i think i will have to fence the garden to keep the chickens from eating the 'maters! Good luck!

sheeshshe
Greener Thumb

I haven't had the chance to finish spraying. rr. the next night it rained. the next night I didnt have help as I was alone, and tonight was birthday celebration food for my DH. I hope to finish spraying tomororw. the tomatoes seem to be doing ok so far, but the potatoes are not doing hot. they're doing worse now. hopefully the sprayer works. I tried soaking the spraying element. I jut bought the thing last year.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”