The Mad Hatter

Zucchini Pickles

My Zucchini plants are doing awesome. I have two very large plants that are producing by the tons. My wife likes it fried and grilled. I decided to try some pickled and can them up. I made twelve pints out of six zucchini. I also had a few mariachi peppers that were ready. I cut the pepper in half and steeped them in the brine before packing. I also put the halves in the jars and packed them up. All my seals have "pinged". Haven't tried them yet. I figured I would give them a few days before trying them so the flavors could really blend together. This was my very first try at canning anything.

T.M.H.

[img]https://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d118/Scooter6512/IMG_20110702_154112.jpg[/img]

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

I also have a ton of zucs coming. I have 4 different varities including my favorite the yellow! Does anyone freeze them? Lets get some ideas of more ways tyo use them? They are great in salads when they are young. I also like the zucchini bread or zucchini bananna bread! Zucchini is also a good scrabble work to add on to the word CHIN !

The Mad Hatter

I love Scrabble! I also shred them and pack in the plastic quart containers for later usage in zucchini bread. I will also be making some bread and butter style pickles in the next few days.

T.M.H.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”