Ginger_Gnome

Should I move these plants?

[img]https://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r48/luvhairz/My%20Garden/June2020113.jpg[/img]
I think (from what it looks like) my cantaloupe wants to take over my cucumbers and peppers.
The cantaloupe are the one's on the very far right, sprawling out all over. Right next to them are cucumbers.

**This is my very first garden, I've never even touched plants before this, so I have no clue what I'm doing....
I'm afraid my cantaloupe's will kill the cukes are vice versa or they will both kill my peppers (next to the cukes).
Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions or constructive criticism or just tell me that I'm doing okay and to take a chill pill???

Thank you I always appreciate all of the help you give me. :)

orgoveg
Green Thumb

If you put some tall tomato fences around the cucumbers to grow them upright, you'll be okay. You can trim those vines, if necessary at some point. They will get alot longer.

I wouldn't dig anything up and disturb the roots.

SOB
Green Thumb

I second the trellis idea for the cukes. It's much easier to pick the fruit and it grows straighter and evenly green. Of courser it takes up less ground space, too.

If anything let it all grow and see how it goes. Learning from your mistakes is the best way to learn. You may be surprised at how they "fight" to thrive!

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”