Inailum
Cool Member

Super Sugar Peas

Ok so this is my first year doing a garden. I planted in early April. My sugar peas are almost all dead, I've read they are a cooler weather crop and I can plant again in the fall, HOWEVER, I was out there this morning and noticed new sprouts coming out of the ground! Should I just leave them to do what there gonna do or should I pull them up? I really just want to pull them out & plant more but not sure they will do anything as it stays in the 90's and 100's here all summer. Any suggestions?

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

You would be better off the pull the peas and plant beans or something. Peas won't make it in that heat. But you can plant again late summer for a fall harvest if that is what you wish.

Inailum
Cool Member

gixxerific wrote:You would be better off the pull the peas and plant beans or something. Peas won't make it in that heat. But you can plant again late summer for a fall harvest if that is what you wish.
That's what I had planned but this morning when I saw those new sprouts I had a glimmer of hope. LOL Thanks for your help.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”