jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

Nice onions!

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

jal_ut wrote:Nice onions!
Thanks some of them are pretty big for red onions. I don't even know the variety they were just labeled as "red Onions"

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

Great Harvest!

I like the red ones on sandwiches.

garden5
Super Green Thumb

gixxerific wrote:Hopefully these will do good DDF.

G5 My long lost onion buddy. :lol: I put these in late March early April I can't remember. You should see my other onions. I will by from them again I can tell you that.

I should add (especially for you G5:wink: ) I had a few rows of onions I seeded and well they are nowhere to be seen. They all died but the set and plants I put in are doing good to great.
:lol: I remember last year's onion experiments. I wasn't able to start any from seed this year, so I just bought some plants from the store (walla walla). To be honest, the store-bought plants outperformed the home-started ones last year anyway. I think I need to start mine earlier so that they are larger when they go in.

I'm looking forward to seeing your other, big ones.

BP

gixxerific wrote:Interesting DDF I heard from the Bajou Gardener they are good keepers. He is an old skool backwoods farmer. I am totally looking forward to how they do since they all went to flower.
I'm a member over there too. The Bayou Gardener (Donald) has a slicer and slices most of his candy onions and freezes them. I think they grow better the farther south you go.

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

BP wrote:
gixxerific wrote:Interesting DDF I heard from the Bajou Gardener they are good keepers. He is an old skool backwoods farmer. I am totally looking forward to how they do since they all went to flower.
I'm a member over there too. The Bayou Gardener (Donald) has a slicer and slices most of his candy onions and freezes them. I think they grow better the farther south you go.
I saw that and it is a pretty good idea. What he does is he has a dicer that he dices a bunch of onions than freezes them. That seems pretty handy whenever you need onion just reach in and grab a handful and walla semi fresh onions still better than the store bought ones. I may try that this year and see how it works. I use onions in everything that would be great for me.

VeggieGardenGal

Your onions look great to me. Very Nice

mattie g
Green Thumb

Great looking dog, gixx!

And the onions are nice, too...

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”