Inailum
Cool Member

A Pea Question

I planted Super Sugar Peas in April and they are over 4ft tall now and producing pods like crazy (YUMMY)! My question is this, how long will they continue to produce pods and when can I plant more?? I want to have a constant supply of these. I know, I'm greedy! lol :P

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Too many things to consider there.

Soil condition and weather being the big ones.

Weather being the biggest. We have been very cool here and my peas shot up like mad. But we are now in a heat wave (mid to upper 90's). This heat wave came on last week right about the time the peas were flowering. Though I have harvested quite a few peas they are on their way out. It is just too hot for them. In cool climates they will go longer.

What is the weather like by you? Peas like it cool and I will replant again later this summer for a fall harvest but trey just can't stand "our" summer heat.

Inailum
Cool Member

gixxerific wrote:Too many things to consider there.

Soil condition and weather being the big ones.

Weather being the biggest. We have been very cool here and my peas shot up like mad. But we are now in a heat wave (mid to upper 90's). This heat wave came on last week right about the time the peas were flowering. Though I have harvested quite a few peas they are on their way out. It is just too hot for them. In cool climates they will go longer.

What is the weather like by you? Peas like it cool and I will replant again later this summer for a fall harvest but trey just can't stand "our" summer heat.
The weather here has been really weird for this time of year. It's usually in the 90's by now but have only had a few days in the mid 80's. It's been in the upper 60's and rainy for the last week (It never rains here in June). I heard on the news this morning that its supposed to warm up into the 80's after this week. When do you plant in the fall??

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”