speedster7926

I'm loving my garden but....

I'm having some problems. I wake up and I see so many leaf footed squash bugs on my cherry tomatoes I was told to use palmolive and water but I used it on my aphid prob too on my cowpeas and now the tom and cowpea plants are turning brown the squash,zucchini, string beans, bell peppers, eggplants, and yellow pear toms are doing great w/ no problems about to pull zucchini plants I have no more on them I got about 15 off of 4 vines should I wait to pull or what?

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

We garden in two different worlds. I don't know if I can properly advise you or not. We had a great discussion about using soaps as insecticides a while back. Do a search for that post. You have to be careful as soap will burn some plants. Soaps act immediately to kill insects. Within two minutes you can rinse your plants with a fine spray and get the soap off them. Soap has no residual effect on insects. It only works if you get it directly on the insect.

Here the zucchini seem to put on a crop then take a short breather before producing again. They will keep trying to make fruit until frost. If the vines and leaves are still looking good, I would wait a bit before jerking them.

speedster7926

I just realized why they were not producing anymore the squash and zucchini had SVB's first time having them they were completely infested w/ them all the bottoms of the plants were rotting I pulled them anyways it was sad. now I wonder if I can put something else down that won't be delay my fall crop any suggestions?

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”