DeborahL
Green Thumb

Speaking of okra, I can't believe I haven't made any enemies here - I don't like okra, sweet tomatoes, garlic or zucchini !
Are we still friends??? :shock:

hendi_alex
Super Green Thumb

My momma didn't care whether I liked it or not. [It is good for you, put a little bit on your plate, and no desert until you eat it!] I eventually learned like most everything. Though okra when boiled, still won't go down the gullet.

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

I have been playing with your layout. I tried to leave a spot here and there to place a foot so you could get at things. The beans are in groups of 4 so you can easily make teepees. (four bean poles tied at the top). I would plant 3 or 4 seed in each square on the beans.

I left good room for the squash. You could plant two squash plants in each of those squares.

I put fast maturing things around the squash thinking it would be done before the squash overtook it.

You could get determinate tomatoes and mulch and just let them sprawl, or get indeterminate tomatoes and cage them.

You could use tomato cages for the cukes. That is if you decide to grow cukes.

Any way, for what it is worth, [url=https://donce.lofthouse.com/jamaica/layout.pdf]Click the Link[/url]

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”