rachel0402
Newly Registered

S.O.S!

This is my first year gardening. I decided to tackle a 12 by 8 sq foot garden. I have absolutely no experience at all. I transplanted two tomato plants and sowed the seeds for all the other plants. About an hour after I was finished we had a severe thunderstorm roll through (weather channel called for light rain) What do I do now? Do I have to resow all the seeds? Help!

rachel0402
Newly Registered

Thats a relief! I checked out the garden and there is a little erosion. I am taking on quite a bit, I'm loosely using a plan I found in BHG for and "easy" vegetable garden. I have sunflowers, tomatoes, cucumbers, bush beans, summer squash, bush cucumbers, snap peas, broccoli, kohlrabi, green onions, buttercrunch lettuce, spinach, kaleidoscope carrots and radishes. I built a 12 by 8 foot box that sits about a foot high. I have rabbit wire around the whole box so in total it is about 3 feet high. I also built a swinging gate. I am very proud of the work Ive put into it so far and feel a huge amount of passion for my gardening already, it just seems that I read about all the issues, bugs, pests, molds and am feeling a bit overwhelmed, not to mention I now may have radishes growing in my snap peas. I will hold tight with the resowing, do you think I should spread some more dirt over it all?

hendi_alex
Super Green Thumb

For the future, if your rows are on a slope, run the rows across the slope rather than down it. That way there is little chance that your seeds will wash away.

hit or miss
Green Thumb

Glad to see you are getting a little help from God in the rain department! You'll do just fine! This forum is full of very knowledgeable folks who love to help the addicted!!! :lol:

pickupguy07

hit or miss wrote:Glad to see you are getting a little help from God in the rain department! You'll do just fine! This forum is full of very knowledgeable folks who love to help the addicted!!! :lol:

YEP thats me ADDICTED nutz:
and this is just my first year...

rachel0402
Newly Registered

Thanks everyone for your encouraging words and advice! I'm sure I will be a regular on here because I have NO IDEA what I'm doing but I love it! I'll get some pictures up as soon as I can. Thanks again! :D

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”