Avonnow
Green Thumb

Identify peppers

Now before you all scold me, I want you to know already - I realize I am a idiot. :roll: When I planted all my plants this year I did have markers, and well the hot sun faded most of them, or those on wood (will not use again) just decomposed. Now... I planted some peppers and have done very well with them coming in and producing - but I have no idea what they are or how hot they will be. I did keep my seed packets and have tried going backwards and looking them up online by name to see a photo, well that hasn't helped. Do any of you know anything about these peppers. I beleive the long one is Cayenne, but they others I am just not sure of I have some others I have yet to pick so I may have to post again. ....
[img]https://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc119/Avonnow/DSCF0680.jpg[/img]

The one on the far right grows straight up - starts out a lite green, then goes to purple and orange and then this red. They look like lipstick to me. I just have no idea how hot.

The middle one - no idea.

The first one I believe is cayenne.

So I appreciate any help and if you must tell me what a fool :lol: I am for not marking them properly. I can take it.

johnny123

I have done the same thing.
I just eat them and if someone asks what kind they are I just say the hot kind. LOL

johnny123

There are so many different kinds of peppers and many look the same.
Post the kinds you planted and I'm sure someone can idenify them for you.

Speaking of peppers our market ran a special on red sweet peppers today
I bought alot. Stuffed peppers and roasted peppers this week.

I love roasted red peppers but I hate skinning them.

The next time anyone makes stuffed peppers instead of using spaghetti sauce try them with taco sauce and taco seasoning and cheddar cheese on top.

You can also try them with salsa mixed in.

nosta

Left to right....cayenne, jalapeno? , thai hot. Not positive on the jalapeno as it looks a little small. then again I get some smaller fruits too.

careful with that little thai hot. it is small but has a heck of a kick. I beleve they hit 50,000 scoville units whereas a jalapeno only tops out at 15,000

Avonnow
Green Thumb

I know it is funny, they are all too hot for me, my husband loves them and makes rubs and suaces. The little one did shock me, as I do not remember buying anything like this. But many store have stock photos for peppers and some have no picture just a description. I will get the packets out and post names. The middle one if it is a Jalapeno - it must be a different kind, as the others on the plant get kinds curly. You know the other things that miffs me, alot of vendors sell the same peppers but they all have their own "name" for it, or it appears that way when you look in magazines at pictures.

cincycuse
Newly Registered

The one on the right looks like a Cascabella.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”