BUG KILLER - Guaranteed 100% effective

[img]https://donce.lofthouse.com/jamaica/bug_killer.jpg[/img]

INSTRUCTIONS:
Place bug on block A.
Place Block B on bug.
Smack block B with a hammer.

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

I like it! :lol: Now if I can only get those dratted bugs to hold still for a second....

Cynthia H.
Sunset Zone 17, USDA Zone 9

cherishedtiger
Green Thumb

OHHH can I find that at Lowes or Home Depot? Thats priceless, I need that for those REALLY BIG green potato bugs!

applestar
Mod

$2.99 at big box stores. But you can get a fancy kit on late night TV infomercial for $5.99 -- with free cheap hammer and free marking pen. AND if you call in next 10 minutes, you'll get a second kit for FREE, just pay additional shipping and handling. :>

Tate
Cool Member

I modified this invention. I got a Sharpie and wrote an A on my left hand and a B on my right. I found a squash viner borer moth and smashed him between A and B. It works!

garden5
Super Green Thumb

Tate wrote:I modified this invention. I got a Sharpie and wrote an A on my left hand and a B on my right. I found a squash viner borer moth and smashed him between A and B. It works!
That "A and B" model is already obsolete. You want to go with the latest version: a boot with C on the bottom :lol:

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

My problem is, I always have two A's or two B's just like gloves, never a pair. :(

Eric

TZ -OH6
Super Green Thumb

Is the marker and hammer handle organic?

hendi_alex
Super Green Thumb

"Now if I can only get those dratted bugs to hold still for a second...."

Cynthia, I've posted this a time or two in other threads but is worth repeating IMO. Last year while watering just accidentally stumbled on to this. Squash bugs and their nymphs will normally scurry away and under foliage very quickly when disturbed. But when watering with a cool stream of water, I noticed that both adults and juveniles just walk very slowly. Not only that, but the adults which were in hiding will often slowly walk out into view. Right after watering, usually waiting a minute of two, I can usually collect the majority of squash bugs on my plants. I've not had an unmanageable infestation since noticing this easy way to catch and eliminate the critters last year.

While I don't like spraying water on the foliage of my tomato plants, I've noticed the same behavior with a similar leaf footed bug that hits my tomato plants each year. These bugs get to flight and fly much more readily than the squash leaf footed bugs, but being hit with cool water causes them to pause as well. I don't do this often for fear of the water spreading disease, but if the pests start to get out of hand, then it is time for a massive spray and squish party. That was very effective last year during late summer when these particular pests seem to be most active and are present in fairly large numbers.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”