sheeshshe
Greener Thumb

I was planning on giving away a bunch of my seedlings

and once again I forgot to label the tomato plants when I transplanted them into bigger pots. GRR!!! I now have no idea which are the chocolate cherry tomato plants. and I can't give away random plants because I need all the other types. So is there any way to figure out which are which? I don't need 20 choolate cherry plants. eeep! I don't' have ROOm for 20!

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

That's a tough one. Sometimes different varieties will have a little difference in the shape of the leaves or the color of the veins. If you see nothing like that, I guess you will have to plant them all. :)

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

I will check my chocolate cherry tomatoes tomorrow and see if I can tell a difference! Mine came up really nice with thick strong stems! I think I have abut 5 dozen!
Last edited by Bobberman on Fri May 20, 2011 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wiscopeppers

I did the same thing with 22 assorted plants this year, I didn't think it mattered until the mrs. explained that tomatoes are not like peppers and that I coudn't keep 22 plants in our limited space garden if I expected to grow anything else :(

sheeshshe
Greener Thumb

well,, hmmmm.....

could I,in theory, plant them all but plant other things in between them to efficiently make use of my space?

orgoveg
Green Thumb

Extra stuff like that, I plant at the south edge of a wooded area on public property. It's out of the way of the city 's mowers but it gets enough sun. People can discover these "wild" tomatoes or whatever I planted and take what they want. If there are any left at the end of the season, they go to a local church with a food pantry. I don't maintain them; I just let mother nature do what she will. The following season, it's cool to see what grows again in the same spot.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”