TZ -OH6
Super Green Thumb

End of rain, End of days

End of rain, End of days, and last frost date here. Coincidence? I don't think so, But I'm not sure what it all means. I figure that gardening is good for the soul so even if the world comes to an end tomorrow as predicted I'll try to get some extra points in with the big guy by planting today (and because we are supposed to have three days before the next rain). And if after the global earthquakes I'm the only one left standing (along with a bunch of cursed zombies, deer, racoons and groundhogs) I'll load my guns, sharpen the machete and defend my patch of dirt, although it would probably be more productive in the short term to go down the road and loot the MacDonalds and Mobile gas station.

Anyway, rapture sweetcorn mix is going in today and hopefully the tomato bed will get dug up, but I'll leave off the odious tasks of weeding and mowing the lawn just in case.

Good luck.

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

MacDonald's
This is why you are being left behind. :lol: :P I'd be looting the local Co-op, grocery store.

Talk to you on Sunday, I have my own manure to spread. 8)

Eric

Halfway
Green Thumb

end of days indeed. this is getting funny.

Zombies....all the shooting, none of the guilt.

:lol:

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

If the rapture does come tomorrow, it'll have to find me at the quilting workshop. My regret is that my doggie girls won't be with me, nor will Copper, the Dog/Cat. DH can manage for himself, but I would want to be with my animals and my plants. They won't be quilting, either....and the sun will most likely be shining for maybe the second time this MONTH. :x

Anyway, the aphids/snails/slugs will eat well....

Cynthia H.
Sunset Zone 17, USDA Zone 9

GardenRN
Greener Thumb

we should have been putting together bags of "rapture seeds" to sell to those who believe but think they will be left behind.

I guess we can always get ready for 12/21/12.

webmaster
Site Admin

What if the Mayan apocalypse happens on 12/12/12? :?

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

I'll just sit back and listen to 2112.

Eric

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

webmaster wrote:What if the Mayan apocalypse happens on 12/12/12? :?
Well, that will be bad for the Mayan-descended people in (and from) Guatemala and the Yucatán. If the understanding of the Mayan stone calendar is correct.

The rest of us will probably just have to keep shoving along, muddy step by muddy step....

Cynthia

Francis Barnswallow
Green Thumb

Of course it'll happen tomorrow because I'm going deep sea fishing.

:cool:

GardenRN
Greener Thumb

Francis Barnswallow wrote:Of course it'll happen tomorrow because I'm going deep sea fishing.

:cool:
I guarantee it won't....this is my weekend on at the hospital. I have 3 nights of work ahead of me. :wink:

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

The ground is planted the multitude of weapons are ready.

Bring it. I'm sick of this world anyways.

Too many (insert your fav curse word here) people. :cry:

Nick D

DoubleDogFarm wrote:I'll just sit back and listen to 2112.

Eric
You won't be the only one. [url=https://smiliesftw.com][img]https://smiliesftw.com/x/biggthumpup.gif[/img][/url]

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

I FINALLY started tilling my garden yesterday and it is still a bit too wet. I plan to till it every day for a week to kill all the grass and weeds then I will plant. If it rains I will cover my garden with tarps to keep it dry.

hit or miss
Green Thumb

Well, we got rain this week, FINALLY!!!!!!! It does appear that Camping was wrong.......... again!! :shock:

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Yeah, 5/21/11 is already over in some parts of the world and I haven't heard any reports of anyone being Raptured! :) Not holding my breath!

TZ -OH6
Super Green Thumb

I suspect that its an eleventh hour type of thing. Last second of the last time zone. I think I read that the chosen are taken up today and the rest of us will have to suffer until some time in October when the lights go out, so keep an eye out for disappearing people today. Probably won't be any one at the neighborhood End of the world keg party and pig roast.

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

so keep an eye out for disappearing people today
People disappear every day, but some are not forgotten. :cry:

Eric

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”