cherishedtiger
Green Thumb

Finally got the garden going!

So, I finally got the garden going again this year... made my life a little easier, and instead of planting one or two of 12 different items I scaled it down a bit.

Here is the garden this year:
Garlic - planted last fall almost ready for harvest (if it ever warms up!)
Potatoes (Yukon Gold) - already about 5" tall plants growing like crazy!
Pumpkins - Direct planted and immediately they started coming up
Chives - last years starter going strong and HUGE!

Banana Peppers - store bought plants - doing good!
Jalapenos - started from seed, transplanted outside, all immediately died, replaced with store bought... still need to go in the ground.
Ghost Chili - started from seed, never got very big, transplanted and with the jalapenos died instantly. - did a direct seed into the ground... waiting to see if anything happens...

I have sunflowers I still need to find a home for too... Might be too late as they are from seed...

Really want to do my yard long beans, but ran out of room and not sure if it would be too late to plant once I pull the garlic.... thoughts?

I will post pics, again, as soon as the weather drys up! :D

applestar
Mod

I sow my next succession seeds AMONG the almost ready to harvest plants. After they are harvested, I cut them to the ground level ( if applicable -- obviously in the case of garlic you're going to uproot them ) then put some compost down and mulch.

cherishedtiger
Green Thumb

I thought about starting the beans, but I want them right next to and pretty much where the garlic is, so I fear that pulling them up would damage and delicate roots. I gotta see what I can do... really want to try those beans! and my little garden is running out of room quickly!

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”