bwhite829

pepper help! quick!

alright, so in my container garden yesterday, I did some work and thinned out my herbs so I can focus on my pepper plants. I kept some dill and basil, but other than that everything else is gone for right now. basically I moved my peppers to the center of the containers and I think I might have hurt the roots. they are dropping and look like they are going to die if they haven't already died. I added some miracle grow and have been trying to water them and keep them alive. any ideas?

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Well, too late now, but it isn't generally a good idea to fertilize a plant that is struggling. Just forces it to use resources for quick growth instead of getting re-established.

It was probably just transplant shock and the plant would have recovered on its own in a few days and probably still will. Just good care is all that's needed ... plenty of sunshine and water (not wet, just not letting it dry out).

bwhite829

so, just keep an eye on it then?

gardenvt
Green Thumb

Sometimes a bit of shade helps when you make a move like that in the heat. Can you move the container to a shady spot?

garden5
Super Green Thumb

Wind protection can also help as well. How is the plant doing?

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”