The Bearded Farmer

Seedlings in coldframe (very slow growth)

I've had some peppers amd tomatos in flats in my coldframe for 3 weeks or so. They have sprouted but have not gotten past the seed leaf stage. They litarilly seem like they stopped.

I have had the top propped open during the day and closed at night. The temps are staying roughly 85 degrees all the time. I have a flats of cucumbers, chives and a few flowers in the same coldframe and they are doing great!

I was thinking about removing them from the coldframe and giving them some milk spray or light fertilizer and keeping them on a grow rack in my garden.

Any recomendations??

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

It seems that it is too dry or too wet and the roots cannot develope in the small areas!

Fig3825

Peppers take a long time to bear fruit in my experience. I planted late to start with this year. Most everything in my garden has matured, for the most part (cucumbers, lime beans, snow peas, eggplant, squash....) and the peppers are just getting their flowers and tiny little fruits on them. The lima beans are next to them and have grown huge, putting the peppers somewhat in the shade, but they are still growing well!

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”