Tony02905

New Dilemma

I started all my veggies, herbs and from seed..Including tomatoes. I have nearly 200 plants. We are in the process of moving and what was supposedto be a June closing has now been pushed to the end of June.

We had anticipated having the new garden ready and planted with the seedlings I have so crefully raised, now it won't happen until first weeknd in July. We live in Attleboro, MA - zone 6A. What are the chances my plants will survive another 6 weeks or so in their peat pots or small clay pots I transplanted them into to give them more root room?

SPierce
Greener Thumb

Tony02905 wrote:I started all my veggies, herbs and from seed..Including tomatoes. I have nearly 200 plants. We are in the process of moving and what was supposedto be a June closing has now been pushed to the end of June.

We had anticipated having the new garden ready and planted with the seedlings I have so crefully raised, now it won't happen until first weeknd in July. We live in Attleboro, MA - zone 6A. What are the chances my plants will survive another 6 weeks or so in their peat pots or small clay pots I transplanted them into to give them more root room?
I'm a few hours away from you- would definately move them out of the peat pots if you can. How big are they? Can you possibly move them to larger containers? I bought some 18gallon containers from Home Depot for about $5 each. They're about 24 inches in diameter, so you could possibly move the seedlings from the smaller containers into the bigger ones in the meantime, then plant them when you can :D

Or, if you are worried about them- and I know this isn't ideal- a lot of local community farms will rent out plots for people to plant their gardens in, then you just show up and work it on the farm, instead of in the backyard. Perhaps this would be a good option for you to look into, if there's such a farm nearby where you are moving too?

TheWaterbug
Greener Thumb

Tony02905 wrote:I started all my veggies, herbs and from seed..Including tomatoes. I have nearly 200 plants. We are in the process of moving and what was supposedto be a June closing has now been pushed to the end of June.
Would the old owner allow you to plant them now? If escrow fall through then, well, free garden!

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”