Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

Singing in the rain while planting in the rain!

We had some warm weather for a few days and the ground seems dry! This friday they call for rain for a few days and that is what I like! I will put most of my crops in this weekend! Transplanting is great when it is cloudy or is raining off and on! because of this forum I have lots of new things to try! I am the happiest when I know I have a 2 day garden experience over the weekend so I do sing in the rain! I have been eatting lettuce for 2 weeks now and it is great! I have about 5 beds of lettuce planted over the last 2 months in sequence!

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

I'm singing in the rain too. I may be singing the blues. I planted corn and squash Friday and it has rained since. I am just hoping the seed doesn't rot. It cleared off this evening. Maybe we get some sunshine tomorrow?

Spicy Chicken

I'm crying in the rain! :cry:

If this does not stop soon; I will have no garden this year. It will take at least 10 days of dry weather just to till and they are calling for 5 more days of rain before the sun will shine again. I might have 4000 plants for sale; or go in the compost pile, ouch, junk, damn, buck a piece. WTH :x

[img]https://driedhotpeppers.com/images/Pics_for_The_Helpfulgardener/HGrainpic.jpg[/img]

applestar
Mod

I hope that rain makes it all the way to NJ!
Oftentimes, rainclouds get all the way to the Delaware River, then follow the river up without crossing it. :x

Needing some rain around here.... :?

SPierce
Greener Thumb

applestar wrote:I hope that rain makes it all the way to NJ!
Oftentimes, rainclouds get all the way to the Delaware River, then follow the river up without crossing it. :x

Needing some rain around here.... :?
+1. My garden is happier when I can give it rain water, instead of hose water! Plus, I want to get my seedlings used to a light rain- but there's no rain in sight! Thinking of setting up some rain barrells.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”