WinglessAngel
Green Thumb

Just thought I would share what my garden is looking like :)

Just thought I would share my pic album from my FB page to show e1 what's going on at our home...lots going on and we already have a strawberry ready to be picked! Kinda early but we have more blooms out back in the bed that went wild years ago, which is flowering this year finally...just thought I would share and see if anyone else wanted to post any pics to see what they're up to as well...happy pic looking and happy gardening e1!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.186527624728457.44164.100001136622200&l=1c681f46e6

WinglessAngel
Green Thumb

oh and the strawberry plant that has berries coming in ready to be picked are also June bearing LOL, they really like this weather for some reason, must be doing something right with them :)

hit or miss
Green Thumb

Looking good!

WinglessAngel
Green Thumb

thanks, its early yet but it was time to start my album as my berries are already ripening lol

WinglessAngel
Green Thumb

yay just thought I would give an update, first garden harvest came in this morning! 4 strawberries lol

hit or miss
Green Thumb

I picked some spinach tonight and a few green onions last week for tacos!

WinglessAngel
Green Thumb

thats great! I missed where u were from but I'm in ne ohio and we've been getting poured on regularly so much that most ohio farmers are being washed out and losing their crops I feel fortunate to have gotten my 4 berries lol glad someone else is getting something, for me, its now official the "garden" has produced Something LOL (first cool climate garden for me, I'm used to warm climate gardening)

WinglessAngel
Green Thumb

Well thought I would post an update on what my garden is looking like and doing....I'm adding a full new set of pics to my album link I posted earlier in this topic thread....Should be ready in about 10 mins :)

ButterflyGarden

I love the way the basil looks in the metal tub! I also like the idea of using the swimming pool. I saw an article where a guy had a large roof top to garden on so he put out a whole bunch of plastic pools and grew all his produce in them. Wish I had the space. I dream of having a real garden of my own one day (Although, I've done pretty well with my container garden if I do say so myself :wink: )

orgoveg
Green Thumb

That seems to be pretty good progress as late as your season gets going up there. Then add all the crazy weather and you're doing great in spite of it.

It looks like you have a natural wooded area to kind of let some things go wild. I'm jealous. Orchids, really?!

WinglessAngel
Green Thumb

thanks guys! I'm trying despite the weather lol, I do have quite a few radishes that will be ready sometime soon, the bulbs are now developing quite nicely. I keep telling myself it's all an experiment lol, first cool climate garden for me and I did a mix (albeit small) between containers and in ground gardening, next year will be better I think, we'll be taking out the actual swimming pool, as it's not used and we have no interest in using it, long store but that will be fenced off and I will have even more garden space so possibly no more containers next year not sure. But I'm hoping the weather will ease at some point sometime soon! It's just ravaging everything....but I did get some 7 Dust (hated to do it but I had to, was trying to stay organic) and had to dust all the gounds and plants bec the ants are killing my plants, this year is horrible for them because of all the flooding and rains, anything they find alive they just chomp down and take away or eat right through in one night, terrible!

@ Orgveg-And yes, there is an orchid bed out back, the blooms are small and gorgeous but the rains killed the blooms and we only got to see them for a day or two :( (My fiance LOL swiped some seeds from the local rainforest exhibit somewhere here in Ohio years ago and threw them out there, don't ask LOL)

@ Butterfly-It sounds to me like ur doing just fine, I've seen some of your other posts and I think ur garden will do great this year :) and the metal tub I thought would help keep the roots warm on the basil since they don't like to have wet feet and the plastic one, same concept for the parsley. The swimming pool was going to be a regular type strawberry patch but decided to make it a flower pot instead as the giant strawberries (gone wild over the years) have come back this year and actually bloomed and have baby giant berries on them so I went with flowers lol.

:) Happy Gardening!

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”