TZ -OH6
Super Green Thumb

Taters are in

After a couple of days cutting up windfall trees, and putting up a retaining wall (aka pile of tree trunks) to finish this year's drainage project the tater patch was finally ready and I got almost everything in yesterday as intermittent light rain spat on me. 16 varieties in about 110 row feet. Today my early flour corn gets planted and part of the deer netting goes up. Bambi and his mother and cousins like to check out my work and poke holes all over my nice smooth dirt (and baby onions) with their pointy little feet.

Now I have about ten days to get the melon, squash, pepper and tomato areas dug up. I really need to rent a tiller one of these years.

...and I guess the lawn needs cut, but since that is my source of mulch longer is better as long as the city doesn't complain.

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

I need to get my taters in soon as well today is busy and tomorrow is Mom's day so we shall see. I normally have them in long before now. I do however have 6 large pots with spuds in them and they have really taken off this week. I have them on my front porch as of yesterday.

With planting more tom's early this morning and than going and getting Granny's garden ready and planting there and baseball games today I will be hard pressed to get anything in but we shall see.

As far as the grass goes let it go that means more mulch like you said. My wife was just saying the grass need to be mowed I told here it's not long enough yet. Plus I did the neighbors yesterday for mulch so I can wait. :lol:

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”