annastasia76

plant spacing??

does anybody know of a guide on the internet that gives an idea of spacing. I a about ready to plant my vines (cucumber, melons (well not quite yet on these) vining summer and winter squash) and I want them to grow up the fence so ground space is not an issue, but what should I do in the way of spacing, I did see one site that said 6" on cucumbers but that seems awfully close together

also what's the spacing on tomatoes??

nosta

the below link has good information on how to grow certain crops and explains spacing requirements. This is from the extension service in my home state of South Carolina, and lists most of the commom crops grown in SC. There will be similarites to crops grown in California but dates of planting and other practices will be different. I would check the Extension Service website for your neck of the woods for better info. Hope this helps you out. :D

edit: forgot the link. here it is:

https://www.clemson.edu/extension/hgic/plants/vegetables/crops/

gardenbean

I go off what the seed pkg says, however, becasue I just hate to waste the space between the space I really do try to plant other plants in the "empty" space when I can,. but just remeber to mark what you seeded in the "empty space", otherwise you are likely to forget! (as I am now experiencing :lol: )

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”