gardenbean

When the Peas are done.........

what veggies can I plant in their place? Can I continue to plant peas for a fall harvest or plant something else instead?
Besdies taste, one thing I do try to do is get the veggie that will really help boost my garden soil (first time gardener, working on getting the soil in top shape). Any suggestions?

digitS'
Super Green Thumb

You probably have a similar climate to mine and fall pea seed goes in the ground in August for me, Greenbean.

When I take the peas out in July, I plant bush beans. Last year, I tried a teepee of pole beans about the 10th of July and that worked okay but bush beans has always been my choice for planting about that time of year.

. . . my 2¢ is on greenbeans!

Steve

soil
Greener Thumb

I usually cut my peas down, lay them on top the soil as a mulch and plant any summer crop. usually hot peppers here though.

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

I like the beans plan.

Eric

gardenbean

Sorry for the late reply, but as usual, I've been in the garden.........

Beans it is!! Thanks for the input guys! I really appreicate all your input and knowledge.

I've decided to go with bush beans and since my family enjoys beans, I have selected varieties that will have various dates when mature as well as color and texture. If I should have to many "beans' than I plan to donate to our local food banks.

Rest assure whatever is grown will not got to waste. :)

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”