WAYNE BODKINS

Let the Gardening Games begin!

Bought 30 tomato, 18 green bell pepper and 16 jalepeno pepper plants yesterday.
radishes and potatoes up, onion plants in the ground.
let the gardening games begin!! :D

ButterflyGarden

My lettuce is doing well, radishes are sprouting, garlic is doing well, my basils need a little love but should be fine, Chives and rosemary are ready to eat, tomatoes, sweet peppers and chili peppers are all growing, snap peas and strawberries are blooming, kale and mint are being eaten and the scallions have yet to peak out of the soil. And all this is on my balcony. :)

lakngulf
Greener Thumb

WAYNE BODKINS wrote:Bought 30 tomato, 18 green bell pepper and 16 jalepeno pepper plants yesterday.
radishes and potatoes up, onion plants in the ground.
let the gardening games begin!! :D
I am curious to know the total price for those 64 plants. I used to buy mine but have grown from seed the last few years, with about the same number of tomatoes and peppers.

BrianIllinois
Cool Member

Game on!
Are we playin' by regular rules? Or are we playin' by prison rules?

rootsy
Green Thumb

a flat *36 or 48 plants depending upon what it is* will run you about $14 + tax (6%) here... If you go to a big box store and buy individual seedlings you may give in excess of $2 or $3 a piece.

For market seedlings I decided to see how well those 20 cent Walmart seed packets germinate. Cost is less than 5 cents / plant for plastic 4 pack + starter + seed... Mother Nature is doing the rest inside the green house except for water... Don't even want to now what my overhead would be if I figured it out...

We'll see how well the tobacco seedlings go over at market next month...........

kimbledawn

Game On!!! This is the first year that my lettuce, spinach and chard didn't bolt after they got 2in. We are harvesting lettuce, spinach and chard. Tomatoes are setting blooms. Basil and herbs are fine.And the most exciting thing :D I just got two small rugosa rose bushes from a trade online!! I cant wait to harvest rosehips. We also have strawberries already and lots of blooms on our blueberry bushes. This may be the first year we get peaches on our tree and everything else, onions, garlic, grapes is healthy 8)

annastasia76

veggies at the store are way too expensive, they don't even sell 6 packs anymore, and it is rare to find a 4 pack. most of what is sold here is one packs at $3 plus each. I did purchase 2, 4 packs of jalapenos and 4, 4 packs of green peppers and that is only because it takes so long for green peppers to get established here, last year my peppers that I started from seed started getting peppers in the fall, then we got an early frost and they all died. Everything else I have going is from seed. I don't even know how much of what I have growing, I've been too scared to count it all, In all I think it's over 200 plants and that's not counting my flowers that I just started to climb the fences.

speedster7926

I bought 2 cherry tomatoes, 2 yellow pear tomatoes, 2 red bells, 1 eggplant, a 6-pack of yellow squash, 6-pack of zucchini , a 6-pack of string beans and so far the tomatoes have tripled in size in almost 3 weeks and blooming like crazy I'm hoping to save seeds so I won't have to buy anymore plants and my squash are blooming too

WAYNE BODKINS

TO LAKNGULF: TOTAL COST WAS ABOUT $29.00. PLANTS AND TAX, HOPE THIS HELPS. I WOULD START PLANTS FROM SEEDS IF I COULD BUT I AM LIMITED ON SPACE AND TIME.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”