annastasia76

Frost!!!

well we had a frost the night before last unexpectedly, it was at least 6 weeks after our last frost and way past the last expected frost, (I also checked weather.com that day to be sure of the weather and it was unexpected) I had already planted some of my plants in the garden, most made it just fine but my zucchini plants look like they may have died, and they were just starting to flower.

ok I just wanted to complain a little to those who would understand.

Francis Barnswallow
Green Thumb

That stinks...

applestar
Mod

Wow that's really too bad. :(
Were the vine stems as well as leaves affected? Maybe they will grow new shoots....

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

Oh darn....... I hate it when that happens. Give those zucchini a few days to see if they will send out some new leaves. If the node where the seed leaves were is not damaged, they should send out some new leaves.

annastasia76

the stems and flowers don't look affected, just the leaves, so hopefully they will recover.

DeborahL
Green Thumb

What type of zucchini? Has anyone grown Geode, that round yellow beauty? I'd like to try that one.

annastasia76

this one is just regular Italian zucchini, and some yellow straight neck zucchini. I also have started, but not in the ground, some green ball zucchini but I haven't seen the yellow one.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”