The Mad Hatter

anybody transplanting yet?

Has anyone set out any transplants yet? I have some out that I started in January. Let me see your pictures.

T.M.H.

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

Weather is not right here yet but I am thinking about it. It was 85 today and 85 tomorrow then in the 70s for a few days. Temps are up and down this time of the year it is still risky to plant anything. If we get no rain for 4 days I will till.

applestar
Mod

I've been planting out romanesco broccoli, cauliflower, onion, regular broccoli, beets, Swiss chard, and fennel transplants. But the ground is still cold. I accidentally exposed some peas that are just starting to grow shoots -- about 1/2" Fava beans just started popping up in the most protected and warmest bed, and spinach in less protected bed only have first set of true leaves.

bwhite829

I've got onions, garlic, spaghetti acorn buttercup butternut yellow and white scallop squash, 5 different peppers about 6 different toms, a couple diff cukes and a couple zucch's, 2 different eggplants, and a couple things I know I'm forgetting to mention. it is time for my greens to die down though :(

TWC015

Transplanting for me started in October and November with onions from seeds. These are now doing well and I haven't seen any flower stalks so far. I also put out garlic cloves at this time.

Around mid-to-late February, I planted transplants of broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels Sprouts, kohlrabi, and more onions (store-bought transplants). And, as an experiment, I sowed Silver Queen sweet corn seeds. Almost all of them came up in about 2 weeks.

I will transplant tomatoes and squash within a week. I will sow seeds for the remaining warm season vegetables as well.

It has been warm this spring. There hasn't been a frost or freeze since early February, though it has been close a few times.

digitS'
Super Green Thumb

:D Would these Texas onion plants count (Sterling Whites)?

Then, how about shallots? I grew their (clone-)brothers from seed 2 years ago :) .

Okay :roll: , I don't suppose so . . . .

Well! When these red bunching onions go out -- (like TWC015) -- I'm countin' 'em!

:wink: Steve

soil
Greener Thumb

we got some tomatoes and peppers out under some tunnels doing well.

all kinds of fall and spring crops growing too.

The Mad Hatter

Everything looks great! I got started on some toms and peppers. I got the crop netting up for the beans and the sprinklers are ready to go.

Perhaps tomorrow I will work more on the weed barrier and getting Tue rest of the netting up for the cucumbers. I also have zucchini I need to get in the dirt as well..

T.M.H.

BrianIllinois
Cool Member

I am really, really, really itching to go. It was high 80s here today, and there doesn't appear to be any frost threat in the 15-day forecast. Average last frost here is April 15.
But I've seen posts by gixxerific, whose location is similar to mine, in which he raises concern about a late-April frost.
I've got some asparagus crowns I'll be planting tomorrow, and might put out a couple tomatoes just for the heck of it.

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

I have transplanted peas, kale, broccoli, Joi choi and some lettuce. I will try to post some pictures tomorrow.

Eric

garden5
Super Green Thumb

Not yet I haven't.

It will be another month before the toms and peppers are ready to go out. I do want to put in some onions soon, however.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”