ButterflyGarden

How Long for Snap Peas to Blosoom?

Anyone know how long it takes for snap peas to bloom? I started from seed and now have a really lovely plant. It my first attempt at snap peas and I'm curious how long it will take to get fruit.

soil
Greener Thumb

you get fruit 2-3 days after they bloom. when they bloom is completely dependent on environment and care. doesn't take too long though, when I plant snow peas, before I know it I'm overwhelmed and have too much to eat.

TZ -OH6
Super Green Thumb

The problem I had the first time growing snap peas was that I wanted to eat them too soon. The flavor was very "green" then, ...much better after the peas were near/at full size in the pods.

GardenRN
Greener Thumb

butterfly garden, I think what you are asking is how long after they start growing can you expect to see blossoms?

In my experience somewhere between 60 and 70 days in reasonable growing conditions. Have patience. :wink:

Soon you'll see a few white flowers, and then you'll have a few pods, and soon after that you'll be loaded with peas! How many plants do you have going? Do they have something to climb on?

ButterflyGarden

GardenRN, yes that was my question. Thanks.

I have several plants in a large container (it actually 4 main plants but I keep getting new baby plants every now and then). I built them a trellis that they climbed up on and are now twisting and winding around the bars and up the wall of my balcony.

I tried to grow wax beans last year but the birds ate all my sprouts before they could really grow so I tried snap peas this time and I'm so excited that I have plants. They are really lovely and I'm very excited and can't wait to see blossoms come up. I planted them just about 2 months ago so I hope I'm going to be seeing them soon! :D

ButterflyGarden

I have blossoms!!! Thanks for the encouragement. :D

GardenRN
Greener Thumb

Congrats! :) you'll be eatin' peas in no time!

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”